Spa Filtration and Water Maintenance
When picturing yourself enjoying family time in your new spa or settling in for a relaxing hydrotherapy session, there is one thing you surely desire: clean water. Modern filtration and water management systems can make water maintenance easier than ever, so you can spend less time caring for your spa and more time enjoying your backyard oasis.
It All Starts with Filtration
Your spa filters are working all the time to keep the water free of debris and ready for the water treatment process. The filtration system in a Sundance® Spas hot tub not only helps to ensure clean, sparkling water, but it also equals less maintenance. Our system raises the bar on traditional filtration through the efficient combination of highly effective filtering, water circulation and water-skimming processes, a unique horizontal filter orientation for broader coverage, and a circulation pump that filters seven times more water per minute than typical spas.
The Sundance® Spas brand sets the standard for robust, efficient water filtration—and that means you can spend less time maintaining your spa. Whichever Sundance® Spas model you choose, you can rest assured you’re getting the best water management system.
Basic Water Care Steps
We’ve perfected our water care system, with you in mind. While your usage, water quality, and even the weather can affect your routine, overall our system simplifies the process, so you can truly let your cares and worries melt away in the warm waters of a Sundance® Spas hot tub. With the CLEARRAY® Water Management System, even the busiest family can maintain ultra-clean, clear water. It’s that easy. If you have more questions about hot tub maintenance and water care, take a look at our question and answer section. For more information, find your local Sundance® Spas dealer today.
After Each Use
- Add 1 capful of shock and 1 teaspoon chlorine sanitizer.
- Close the cover and run the jets for 5 minutes.
- Add the recommended amount of shock after heavy use.
- Check the water using test strips and follow the simple instructions on the package to adjust pH levels as necessary.
- Keep water soft and fresh by adding products like SunPurity™ PLUS. It’s best to do this on the same day each week.
- Check your filters for buildup and rinse or clean as necessary. Our easy-to-use filter flosser can simplify the process.
- If you live in an area with hard water, add scale remover.
- Replace your MicroClean® filter.
- Replace your SunPurity™ cartridge.
- Every 3-6 months, depending on usage, drain and replace your water.
- Clean your hot tub cover. This is an often-overlooked part of spa maintenance, but it is essential in order to extend the cover’s life and keep it looking good as new.
- See your local dealer to purchase and replace your CLEARRAY® UV-C bulb.
- Replace your filters. You may need to do this more or less frequently based on the condition of your filters.
Every Five Years
- See your local dealer to replace your CLEARRAY® PRO3TECT™ Ozone System.
Easy Water Care and Maintenance
When you picture yourself enjoying family time in your new spa or settling in for relaxing hydrotherapy, there is one thing you surely desire: crystal clear, clean water. Modern filtration and water management systems make water maintenance easier than ever, so you can spend less time on maintenance and more time enjoying your backyard oasis.
With today’s modern technologies, water care and maintenance takes just a few minutes a week. At Sundance® Spas, we’ve chosen the latest UV-C and ozone science, along with lots of other convenient features, to ensure water care is a breeze.